The Department of State Development, Business and Innovation are offering Hamer Scholarships for intensive language study in China valued at $10,000.
- The scholarships are offered for a minimum of one semester (5-6 months) at selected universities or institutions in China.
- Hamer Scholarship application Rounds:
- Round 1 - March - April
- Round 2 - August - September
- Check website for exact application opening / closing dates.
- The program is open to Victorians who are aged 21 or above who are Australian citizens or permanent residents (Victorians living and working in China may also be considered).
- The scholarships are primarily aimed at Victorians working in the public, private, not-for-profit and creative industries with linkages to China.
- Applicants should demonstrate how the scholarship would significantly benefit their career path, study plan, or their employer’s future engagement with China.
- Scholarship recipients will become business, cultural and educational representatives for Victoria.
For application dates, further information about the scholarships and how to apply, visit: dsdbi.vic.gov.au/hamerscholarships