FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Applications for the 2014 Australia-China Youth Dialogue (ACYD) are now open
Australia-China Youth Dialogue (14.07.2014) – The 2014 ACYD seeks inspiring and emerging leaders from a range of industries to participate in this year's bilateral dialogue, held from 21-24 November in Beijing.
2014 ACYD aims to promote sophisticated cross-cultural understanding between emerging Australian and Chinese leaders by:
- Facilitating an understanding of Chinese and Australian culture and society;
- Encouraging promising talented to take an active interest in Australia-China relations;
- Assembling Australian and Chinese emerging leaders from various sectors to create long-term, mutually beneficial relationships
In May this year, the Hon. Warwick Smith AM, Chair Australia-China Council said in his keynote address to the Australia in China’s Century Conference that ACYD has become 'a premier event on the bilateral calendar'.
2014 ACYD will welcome a diverse range of experts who have a unique perspective on the Australia-China relationship, including the following confirmed speakers:
- Frances Adamson, Australian Ambassador to China
- David Walker, BHP Billiton Chair of Australian Studies at Peking University
- Changhua Wu, Greater China Director, The Climate Group
- Alexandra Phelan, Adjunct Professor in Public Health Law and Ethics, Georgetown University
- Jane Perlez, China Diplomatic Correspondent, The New York Times
Founder and Chairman Henry Makeham said "Held in either Australia or China over 4 days each year, the ACYD builds out a high impact concentration of future leaders across a range of industries and sectors (public and private) who are connected at an early stage in their careers, relatively free of institutional constraints so as to promote forthright, long-term exchange. The network produced from the ACYD and its positive implications for a well networked Australia-China relationship, will be unparalleled."
|Linkedin: ACYD Alumni Group|